In this episode of Hair Loss Solutions TV™, you will discover the following:
- What Courage Critters are
- The creator behind these animals of hope
- How you can order a Courage Critter today!
For those suffering from common fears, Courage Critters is a plush animal and online toolkit created to help children use their imagination to empower, support, and protect them in any situation that causes them fear.
In an earlier episode with Dr. Renae Reinardy, “Taking Back Control over Trichotillomania,” she discussed Trichotillomania and how it is a common, yet often not discussed, issue in our world today. Working with so many individuals trying to overcome common childhood fears and unwanted behaviors, she created a friend for them. Covered in fur, the Courage Critters help provide sensory tools to those suffering from these unwanted behaviors. With those dealing with Trichotillomania, known as the “Hair Pulling Disorder,” the Courage Critter gives them an outlet.
In the video above, Clinical Psychologist Dr. Renae Reinardy discusses the Courage Critters program and how it can help both children and adults alike.
Meet Dr. Renae Reinardy
Dr. Renae Reinardy currently runs a private practice in North Dakota, treating both adults and children with body focused behaviors and anxiety. Dr. Reinardy is the inventor and program developer of an online program and plush toy (Courage Critters) that helps children overcome childhood fears and unwanted behaviors. She has been featured on Good Morning America, the Joy Behar Show, Dateline NBC, and A&E’s Hoarders.
Ready to Learn More About How to Help Your Clients?
- If you are looking for further education on how to help your clients with Hair Thinning or Loss, click on this link to receive information about upcoming training seminars.
- Be sure to subscribe to our Free Blog where we will continually feature new episodes from Hair Loss Solutions TV™. Just sign up at the top, right corner of this page, and we’ll send you reminders when new episodes are aired.
Explore Additional Resources:
In this episode, we used the following:
- Courage Critters – Facebook
- The TLC Foundation (for Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors)
- Heart & Soul Academy
- Book: Solutions to Women’s Hair Thinning and Loss (Professional Edition) by Jeffrey Paul