When running a successful Hair Replacement business, you have to be able to educate your clients. Here is another example of how we communicate with our audience. We would love to help you learn to develop this type of relationship with your clients as well!
Perhaps you’ve been noticing a bit of extra hair in your brush lately, and like many, you may feel like you are losing your hair based on a myth that you’ve believed most of your life.
It’s time to debunk those hair loss myths and find out the facts as to what really causes hair loss and thinning and find out if you are really losing your hair!
Myth 1: If your hair is thinning, it’s because of your mother’s side of the family.
- REALITY: Actually, scientific research proves that hair thinning can occur from either your mom’s or dad’s side of the family. Take a look at your immediate family’s hair. If they are losing their hair, you may likely do the same.
Myth 2: Only men suffer from hereditary hair loss.
- REALITY: Ladies, sorry to break it to you but this is false! Women can experience hereditary hair loss just like men. Men tend to lose and thin in concentrated areas, making it more noticeable, but women tend to experience loss and thinning on their entire head.
Myth 3: Women lose their hair after pregnancy and during and after menopause.
- REALITY: While that’s definitely an accurate piece of information, women can begin to lose their hair in their 20’s and even earlier in some instances.
Myth 4: If you’re stressed, your hair will permanently fall out.
- REALITY: During stressful times, hair may fall out, but in most cases it should grow back.
Myth 5: If you are are losing hair, you are experiencing hereditary hair loss.
- REALITY: Did you know that 100+ hairs can fall out daily throughout the hair’s natural “resting” (non-growing) phase? If you’re losing hair constantly and it’s not growing back, then you could be onto something.
Myth 6: Shampooing frequently will make your hair fall out.
- REALITY: Since shampooing removes residues and build-up, hair will actually look fuller. It does not actually cause hair loss.
Myth 7: Chemicals, from coloring your hair, will permanently damage hair and cause loss.
- REALITY: While chemicals can weaken hair and cause breakage, unless the hair follicle has been damaged by chemical treatment, which rarely happens, loss is temporary.
Hopefully you’ve learned a fact or two from these hair loss myths and can help educate others as well. It’s never too late to learn how you can prevent or find the right solution for hair loss.
Remember… Beauty & Change begin within,
– Jeffrey Paul